At Houston Roofing we are committed to the environment. Our aim is to help others, including our customers, to put environmental best practice at the top of the agenda.
As a responsible organisation, our commitment to reducing our environmental impact means taking control of our waste management and recycling. We also take pride in working with responsible manufacturers, suppliers and products.
We regularly evaluate the environmental impact of our activities and we take action to continually improve our environmental performance by implementing an Environmental Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 14001.
It is our policy to:
- Minimise the use of energy, water and natural resources.
- Minimise waste through waste prevention, re-use and recycling.
- Dispose of waste safely and legally.
- Avoid the use of hazardous materials, where practical.
- Work with environmentally responsible suppliers.
- Prevent environmental damage and minimise nuisance factors such as noise and air pollution.
We will continue to define environmental objectives, targets and improvement actions that are related to this policy and to our significant environmental agendas.
We will regularly evaluate progress through our 'Management Review' process.
We are committed to providing relevant environmental training and promoting environmental awareness to both employees and suppliers.
We will implement processes to prevent environmental non-conformities and to ensure that we are prepared to deal with potential environmental emergencies. This policy will be regularly reviewed and updated.